What We Do
- Information Sharing
- Surveillance and Applied Studies
- Technical Assistance and Training
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
We respond to data requests, analyze and report on health data, and share Alaska Native health information at the local, state, national, and international levels.
Surveillance and Applied Studies
The EpiCenter is home to the Alaska Native Tumor Registry, a formal centralized cancer registry. We also conduct applied health studies in areas such as cancer.
Technical Assistance and Training
We provide training, presentations, information, program evaluation consultation, and technical assistance.
- Training: We provide capacity-building opportunities through workshops and trainings on a variety of topics.
- Presentations: We provide presentations on Alaska Native health status, health disparities, cancer, and other health topics of interest.
- Data/Information Requests: We respond to requests for information on Alaska Native health issues including health outcomes, risk factors, sociodemographics, or other health related topics.
- Program Evaluation: We provide technical assistance to tribal health organizations seeking support for program evaluation activities. We can also serve as independent evaluators for specific programs or projects.
Please contact us for more information on how we may assist you.
Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
We develop initiatives that address health priorities through health promotion and disease prevention activities.